About Valley Bank & Trust
In September 1971, James J. O’ Dell opened Platte Valley Bank in Brighton, Colorado. Over the years, as the bank grew from one location to eight, many products and services were added.
In 1997, the name of all branches was changed to Valley Bank & Trust. Mr. O’ Dell continues to serve as Chairman of the Board for the bank, as well as for Valley Bancorp, Inc., the bank’s holding company.
Donna J. O’ Dell Petrocco continues the family tradition of providing excellent customer service in this locally owned and operated community bank.
In 1975, she began part-time as a team member working in various areas of the bank until 1983. She returned in 1995 as a member of the Board of Directors for the bank and for the holding company, and as a Branch and Facilities Manager.
Today, as President and CEO, Donna O’ Dell Petrocco maintains the commitment to a Quality Service and Quality Sales culture, which allows the continued successful development of new products and services designed to exceed the expectations of our customers throughout the Colorado marketplace and beyond.
Valley Bank & Trust has been recognized by the Independent Bankers of Colorado and received their coveted Crown Service Award for outstanding service to local communities.
This award was earned:
- By establishing products and services designed to benefit customers;
- By funding scholarship programs for area youth of all ages;
- For a continued commitment to many of Colorado’s education and fraud prevention programs;
- By investing in continuing adult education and recreation for area senior citizens;
- And for the interest in assisting small businesses become established success stories.
Valley Bank & Trust is your hometown bank!
Board of Directors
- James O’Dell, Chairman
- Jeanne O’Dell, Secretary
- Richard O’Dell, Vice Chairman
- Donna Petrocco
- Benna Harris
- Donna Petrocco, President & CEO
- Douglas Scherrer, SVP Senior Lender
- Julie Yanney, SVP Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Van Norstrand, SVP General Counsel
- James Mathews, VP Auditor/Compliance Officer
- Marcelina Kobza, VP Cashier
- Brian Blehm, Regional Branch President
- Christine Elizalde, AVP IT Officer
- DeAnna Hackenberg, AVP Human Resources Director
- Magi McEntire, Community Relations Manager
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Valley Bank & Trust is to deliver excellence in community banking.
Our Vision Statement
The vision of Valley Bank & Trust is to…
Deliver a consistent experience to our customers, which exceed their expectations; Listen to, educate, and respond to our customers’ needs at all levels to build value; Provide our customers competitive products that provide excellent results; Build relationships that enable our customer’s success; Cultivatea harmonious, enthusiastic team oriented environment; Model a culture where ethics and values are not sacrificed; Be the most successful, trusted, and respected community Bank in Colorado!
VB&T encourages team members to participate in community group activities, civic groups, and charitable endeavors. Some of these include:
- Access Housing
- Adams County Council of Government
- Adams County Economic Development
- Almost Home Inc.
- Boys and Girls Club of Metro Denver
- Brighton Cultural Arts Commission
- Brighton Economic Development
- Brighton Education Foundation
- Brighton Police Department (Victim Advocate Program)
- Bromley East Charter School Finance Committee
- Carbon Valley Academy Finance Committee
- CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties
- CERT – Community Emergency Response Team (Brighton)
- Commerce City Business & Professional Association
- Commerce City Community Foundation
- Community Health Services
- DIA Business Partnership
- Downtown Partnership Committee (Brighton)
- Faces of our Future (PVMC Foundation)
- Fort Lupton Board of Realtors
- High Plains Foundation
- Hispanic Advisory Council – Brighton School District 27J
- Historical Preservation Commission for Frederick
- Get Smart About Credit Program
- I-25 Corridor Economic Development
- Junior Achievement
- Mapleton Foundation
- Meals on Wheels (Brighton)
- North Metro Small Business Development Center Advisory Board
- Northeast Emergency Assistance Center
- Pennock Counseling Center
- Platte Valley Builders Association
- Platte Valley Medical Center Foundation
- Rangeview Library Friends Foundation
- Regional Economic Advancement Partnership
- Rocky Mountain Human Services Coalition
- Brighton Small Business Development Center
- Southwest Weld County Economic Development
- Teach Kids to Save Program
- Upstate Colorado I-76 Corridor
Valley Bank & Trust Team